I Belong to Him

So, I went to sleep last night feeling very encouraged after worship practice at my church and an awesome conversation with my Pastor. I'm just excited for what God is doing. I don't usually have vivid dreams unless God is speaking something through them and they don't happen very often or when I was drinking I would have dreams of my past. I woke up this morning from a dream that was so very vivid. In it, I was throwing a party, showing off this new house I had just moved into, which was huge. My mom was there, helping me with hosting and showing people around. Then someone showed up from my past and I acted in a way that is very out of character for me. My mom found out and was crying and I woke up feeling like the dream had really just happened. Icky and heavy feeling. Then, when I got in my car this song came on- Never Going Back by United Pursuit. I know it's the enemy because God is up to something big and the enemy tries to distract us and weigh us down with shame...even fake shame if he can, from things that aren't even real but that can so easily get our minds wandering. I know that person was not me and I know that as we seek Him today and in this season, for answers and guidance and just to give Him praise for all He has done and is doing...the enemy will try anything he can to keep us from pressing in. But God is bigger and He is victorious and we are His.

"No weapon that is formed against you will succeed; And every tongue that rises against you in judgment you will condemn. This [peace, righteousness, security, and triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And this is their vindication from Me,” says the LORD.Isaiah ‭54:17‬ ‭AMP‬‬

But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour. But resist him, be firm in your faith [against his attack—rooted, established, immovable], knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being experienced by your brothers and sisters throughout the world. [You do not suffer alone.] After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace [who imparts His blessing and favor], who called you to His own eternal glory in Christ, will Himself complete, confirm, strengthen, and establish you [making you what you ought to be]. To Him be dominion (power, authority, sovereignty) forever and ever. Amen. I Peter 5:8-11 AMP




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joy Comes in the Morning

Attachments, Seeds and The Faithfulness of God

Not What I Was Expecting